#47 Securing .NET Applications and Ecosystem: Implementing OWASP Top 10 and Best Practices
The presentation, "Securing .NET Applications and Ecosystem: Implementing OWASP Top 10 and Best Practices," will cover the following:
- Understanding the .NET Ecosystem: We will provide a comprehensive overview of the .NET ecosystem, discussing its architecture, common vulnerabilities, and importance of securing .NET applications.
- Introduction to OWASP Top 10: An overview of the most critical web application security risks as identified by OWASP, providing attendees with the necessary context about potential vulnerabilities.
- Mapping OWASP Top 10 to .NET: Detailed analysis of how each of the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities could potentially manifest in the .NET environment. We'll discuss specific scenarios, risks, and provide mitigation strategies.
- Enforcing Security in .NET: We will delve into .NET specific security measures such as secure coding practices, data protection, encryption, secure identity management, and usage of security libraries.
- Practical Examples and Case Studies: We'll share our experiences and lessons learned from real-world examples and case studies, providing attendees with practical knowledge they can apply to their work. We will show examples on OWASP Project SecureBank written in .NET.
- Resources for Continuous Learning: As security is an evolving field, we will also provide recommendations for resources and tools for attendees to continue building their knowledge post-presentation.
This presentation will benefit developers, security analysts, system architects, and other stakeholders in the .NET ecosystem who are involved in creating secure applications. Our objective is to equip attendees with the necessary knowledge and resources to develop robust, secure .NET applications while mitigating potential risks.